Monday, November 23, 2009

Mattcha Oatmeal Cookies

My dear chef friend, Carolyn Wang-Yong in Singapore recently made mattcha oatmeal cookies and loved it. I will post photos when she sends them, but for now the recipe is below:

Mattcha Oatmeal Cookies

2 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup mattcha
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

3 cups quick oats

Combine butter sugar eggs. Separately combine all the flour, mattcha, salt, baking soda, then add it to the butter mixture. Then work in the oats. Using Saran wrap, roll the dough into cylindrical logs. Keep them in the freezer until whenever you want to have some fresh baked cookies! Cut them into thin round disks. Bake for 10-12 min at 350F. I usually prefer baking them on a Silpat.

I think for the color, I would probably recommend replacing the 3/4 brown sugar with 1/2 cup sugar instead. So skip the brown sugar, and use 1 cup sugar for the green tea recipe. I also added a cup of cashew nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment