Friday, May 14, 2010

Curry and Roti Prata




I was introduced to the flaky roti prata to be dipped into curry while on a business trip to Singapore. It was one of the most memorable things I had in Singapore, along with the Singapore Slings from the Raffles Hotel.

Roti prata can be bought at the Chinese supermarkets in Chinatown in NYC in the freezer section. Simply fry up with a little bit of oil in a large saute pan and serve with some curry. It is one of my favorite breakfasts.

I hope that in these photos you can get a sense of how flaky and delicate the roti prata dough is. A great partner to the curry.

Roti Prata on FoodistaRoti Prata

Japanese Style Curry on FoodistaJapanese Style Curry

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you for sharing your food experience. I suggest that you try the best roti prata in Singapore and write a food review about it. Please keep us updated.

    -
    http://kampong.sg

    ReplyDelete